Residents sought to fill board, commission seats

Posted 12/1/09

City council elections are over, but the City of Littleton needs residents to step forward to fill vacancies on a variety of boards and commissions …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in

Don't have an ID?

Print subscribers

If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.


Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.

If you made a voluntary contribution in 2022-2023 of $50 or more, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access includes access to all websites and online content.

Our print publications are advertiser supported. For those wishing to access our content online, we have implemented a small charge so we may continue to provide our valued readers and community with unique, high quality local content. Thank you for supporting your local newspaper.

Residents sought to fill board, commission seats


City council elections are over, but the City of Littleton needs residents to step forward to fill vacancies on a variety of boards and commissions that help run the city.

The Littleton City Council is currently accepting applications for board and commission vacancies.

“The boards and commissions are volunteers from the community who really serve as a sounding board for the community on a wide variety of issues and activities,” said Jim Woods, Littleton city manager. “These volunteers really serve a very useful role to giving the council input.”

Littleton has 13 boards and commissions, which guide city services and processes in a variety of areas.

These positions are voluntary, and require attendance at regular meetings, and advising council on specific items.

Board of Adjustment — A quasi-judicial body authorized to grant zoning variances, allow land uses which are permitted by exception, and hear appeals on administrative staff decisions.

Building Board of Appeals — Reviews building code issues and to hear and make decisions on matters concerning the suspension and revocation of licenses arising under the Uniform Building Code.

Election Commission — Appoints the election judges for each precinct and has charge of all other activities in conducting municipal elections.

Fine Arts Committee — Assists the city in the selection and purchase of public arts, arranges periodic art shows at the library, selects art and sculpture for the Littleton Center, and reviews all art donations to the city.

Historical Preservation Board — Recommends policies, rules and regulations relating to historic preservation; develops public information and education programs, recommends buildings and sites for landmark or other local historic designation status and acts upon certificates of appropriateness on designated historic buildings.

Housing Authority — Administers low and moderate income housing programs for the city

Library Board — Assists the library director in planning for library services in response to community needs.

Liquor Licensing Authority — Considers applications relating to liquor or beer licenses. The board holds hearings regarding liquor or beer code violations and possible suspension or revocation of violators' licenses.

Museum Board — Responsibilities include review of Museum programs, plans, and the annual budget. The Museum Board approves all de accessions from the permanent collection.

Planning Commission — Reviews and makes recommendations on master plans, land annexations and initial zoning, flood plain designations, rezoning proposals, and new subdivisions.

Riverfront Authority — Created for the express purpose of accomplishing the redevelopment, revitalization, and renewal of land along the South Platte River and Little's Creek.

Tree Committee — Assists the city arborist in the formulation of plans, rules and regulations pertaining to the comprehensive management of the community's trees.

Victim Assistance Compensation Board — Considers funding for a victim's injuries or losses such as replacing eyeglasses or hearing aids, mental health counseling or payment for the deductible on a residential insurance policy.

All applications must be submitted to the City Clerk's Office by 5 p.m. Jan. 29. Interviews will be scheduled by city council for mid-February. Online applications are preferred. For additional information please contact the City Clerk's Office 303-795-3753.


Our Papers

Ad blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.

The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.