One person was injured by a chlorine gas leak at the Littleton High School swimming pool on Sept. 10, according to South Metro Fire Rescue. Firefighters responded to a call for an “odor of …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution in 2019-2020, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access includes access to all websites and online content.
One person was injured by a chlorine gas leak at the Littleton High School swimming pool on Sept. 10, according to South Metro Fire Rescue.
Firefighters responded to a call for an “odor of chlorine” from the pool's control room area shortly before 8 p.m. on Sept. 10, said South Metro Fire spokesperson Connor Christian. A custodial crew was in the building at the time.
Responding crews found a person inside the pool area who had difficulty breathing, Christian said. They were transported to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, though no update on their condition was immediately available.
South Metro's hazardous materials team shut down the building's HVAC system and ventilated the pool area, Christian said.
Crews later determined the gas leak was a mixture of muriatic acid and chlorine that dripped from a pipe in the control area.
Littleton Public Schools did not respond to requests for comment on Sept. 11.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.