Arapahoe • Senior Grace Cadorette scored 17 points to help the girls basketball team post an 88-54 win over Overland on Jan. 9. The team evened its Centennial League record at 2-2 with an 89-30 …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Senior Grace Cadorette scored 17 points to help the girls basketball team post an 88-54 win over Overland on Jan. 9. The team evened its Centennial League record at 2-2 with an 89-30 romp over Smoky Hill on Jan. 12. The 89 points was one shy of tying the girls school record for most points in a game.
• Daniel Hill had 17 points and Bryson Stephenson contributed 16 as the boys basketball team rolled to a 57-36 non-league win over Grand Junction on Jan. 11. The team returned to Centennial League play Jan. 12 and lost an 81-55 decision to Smoky Hill, a team ranked second in the Jan. 7 CHSAANow.com poll.
• The girls basketball team played good defense in holding Eaglecrest to six points in the first half and five in the second in a 70-11 win on Jan. 9. Four players scored in double figures, led by junior Jana Van Gytenbeek, the Centennial League scoring leader, with 18 points. Carly Thompson had a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. In a Jan. 12 showdown against Grandview, third in the Jan. 17 CHSAANow.com Class 5A poll, the fourth-ranked Bruins couldn’t get a last second shot to fall and lost, 54-53. Van Gytenbeek scored 20 points and Cali Clark added 19.
• The hockey team had a 3-0 lead but gave up five unanswered goals in a 5-3 loss to Fort Collins on Jan. 11. TJ Ranone, Blake Benson and Christian Brown had first period goals for the Bruins. A shorthanded goal by Jacob Tulan and Ryder Price’s third-period tally were the Bruins’ goals in a 4-2 loss to Valor Christian on Jan. 12.
Nate Gravagno, a 6-foot sophomore, pumped in 18 points and had 10 rebounds for the boys basketball team in a 50-45 loss to Denver North on Jan. 8. The Pirates were outscored 21-8 in the fourth quarter.
• Jackson Scott’s goal at 3:13 of the third period was the game winning tally for the hockey team, which held on to post a 4-3 victory over Kent Denver on Jan. 10. The Eagles build a 4-0 lead and skated to a 4-2 win over Castle View on Jan. 12, with four different players sharing the goal scoring. Ty Doan was credited with the game-winning goal.
• Erik Olsen and Demarcus Zaragoza each had eight points in a 73-48 boys basketball loss to Regis Jesuit on Jan. 10
• The boys basketball team, trailing by nine points in the third quarter, earned a 48-46 comeback Jeffco 4A victory over Evergreen on Jan. 9. D’Evelyn stormed back after trailing by three points following the first quarter to notch an 80-63 win over the Lions on Jan. 11.
• J’la Ervin had six points but the girls basketball team shot just 18 percent from the field in a 42-18 setback to Evergreen on Jan. 9. The shooting improved as Susie Puchino scored 12 points and grabbed nine rebounds but the team lost, 43-39, to D’Evelyn on Jan. 11.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.