More than 500 music school and retail locations around the world will celebrate the third annual Kids Music Day on Oct. 5. Each year, the national nonprofit Keep Music Alive partners with music …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
More than 500 music school and retail locations around the world will celebrate the third annual Kids Music Day on Oct. 5.
Each year, the national nonprofit Keep Music Alive partners with music schools, music retail and other music organizations to spotlight the importance of including music in children’s education. Events include open houses, instrument petting zoos, student music performances, community/family jams, instrument donation drives and more.
This year, a number of celebrity artists are showing their support for Music Education by joining the inaugural class of Kids Music Day Ambassadors. Among the celebrity ambassadors are Julie Andrews, Richie Sambora, Sarah McLachlan and Jim Brickman.
Kids Music Day is one of two international music holidays founded by the organization Keep Music Alive. In March 2018, the organization partnered with more than 600 music school and music retail locations in all 50 states, Canada and 10 additional countries to offer free lessons to new students (kids and adults) as part of the third annual Teach Music Week.
Some of the largest music school chains in the nation have participated in Kids Music Day and Teach Music Week with many of their locations including Music & Arts, Guitar Center, Kindermusik, Music Together, Gymboree, Long & McQuade, Bach to Rock and the legendary School of Rock.
Learn more at www.KeepMusicAlive.org. To find a complete list of Kids Music Day events in Colorado, click on the map on the website.
Kids Music Day events
A partial list of Music Day events in Colorado Community Media coverage areas:
• Hunk-Ta-Bunk-Ta, 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 5, Montbello Library, Denver, 720-865-0200
• Hunk-Ta-Bunk-Ta, 1 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5, Belmar Library, Lakewood, 303-235-5275
• Hunk-Ta-Bunk-Ta, 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, Evergreen Library, Evergreen, 303-235-5275
• Hunk-Ta-Bunk-Ta, 10 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, Perl Mack Communty Center, Denver, 303-650-7580
• Piano/violin sale, Oct. 4-6 at Arapahoe Community College, 5900 S. Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, a Rockley Family Foundation fundraiser, 303-797-5742
• 10th anniversary celebration, 5:30-10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, at Youth on Record, 1301 W. 10th Ave., Denver, 303-993-5226
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.