Arapahoe • Daniel Benson finished third in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 48.70 to help the boys swim team finish in eighth place at the Coaches Invite swim meet on March 17. • The girls …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2017-2018, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Daniel Benson finished third in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 48.70 to help the boys swim team finish in eighth place at the Coaches Invite swim meet on March 17.
• The girls lacrosse team lost last season's season opener to Kent Denver, but this year won the first game of the campaign at Kent Denver. The team now heads to California for two games on March 27 and March 29.
• Both the boys and girls track teams finished in first place at the ThunderRidge Invitational track meet on March 17. Junior Philip Jordon won the boys discus event with a throw of 138-05.00. Delaney Smithy won the girls 300 meter hurdles in 45.40 and Ana George won the girls pole vault
• Joseph Jang won the 100 freestyle in 47.72 on March 17 at the Coaches Invite swim meet. Jang was second in the 200 freestyle as the boys swimming team was the runner-up in the team standings.
• The girls lacrosse team has two games scheduled March 23-24 in the Grand Junction area against Fruita Monument and Durango. The Bruins have scored 54 goals in winning their first three games.
The baseball team is still looking for its first win of the season and the Pirates have been taking extra batting practice. The team is hitting only .182
• The baseball team, under new coach Tyler Munro, has played long ball in winning the first two games. The Eagles, hitting .514 as a team, have three games between March 20 and March 24. They have 17 extra base hits in the first two games and have outscored the opposition, 42-0.
• The soccer team is off to a 2-2 start and plays rival Arapahoe on March 22.
• New baseball coach Brett Pieratt has the Lions off to a 2-0 start prior to a March 22 game against Northglenn, which was a prelude to a four-game trip to Arizona. Nick Caswell is hitting .857 after the first two games.
• The girls soccer team had its four-game winning streak snapped with a 2-1 loss to ThunderRidge on March 17. Senior Sarah Gray has six goals and two assists in the first five games. The Lions played Air Academy March 20 before opening Jeffco 4A play April 3 against Valor Christian.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.